[av_image src=’http://mytribeisart.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/poster-revised-1030×1030.jpg’ attachment=’1197′ attachment_size=’large’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Dancing savanna is an experience. A bricolage of the ragged, wild and free coupled with mining dreams, stories and the arts to curate an extra ordinary art event. This event with the community is an invitation to nature lovers, art lovers and adventure lovers. Come see, eat, dance and mingle. Taking place in the heart of the savanna Taita-Taveta, this picturesque landscape unfolds like a picture from God’s own canvas. This natures reserve is the epitome of beauty and tranquility whose peace and serenity will engulf you. This is where the ultimate magic happens, and your heart gets lost to Taita -Taveta where it finds home and hearth. 2 days in July that promise you an experience like non-other.
On Saturday 13th – Sunday14th July, come and join the community and local artists and from #mytribeisart for an experiences of your lifetime.
Dancing Savanna is an event curated by #MyTribeIsArt and sponsored by ManGo Development.
Our aim is:
- An event that involves the community and gives them pride in their heritage, place and their landscapes.
- An event that promotes music and cultural dance which is a big identity for the region.
- An event that promotes unity, diversity in the region and gives upcoming artists an opportunity to nature talent, work, learn and network.
Mbulia farm. This is a ranch on flat land stretching many kilometers into the rising hills. It is a rugged traditional set up with a very beautiful view of the surrounding Taita Hills. In the evening the beautiful sunset is spectacular, watch the sun disappear into the Kilimanjaro and usher in a beautiful starry night while enjoying a bone fire and a warm cup of Chai.
Dancing Savanna July 2019
- For this event the décor will be artistic with a display of Graffiti, photography and artefacts to compliment the already beautiful landscape. The pictures and the artwork will be presented and judged during the main event by a special jury and the audience. The winner will receive a prize.
Our target audience is:
- The surrounding rural community
- Art enthusiasts and urban dwellers
- The middle class looking for the ultimate experience.
- Tourists from the surrounding Tsavo National park who want to mingle with Kenyans for an authentic Kenyan experience.
The main event will feature:
- Children fun games and art classes
- Traditional dances
- Dance workshop
- Traditional food from the region and farm fresh organic greens
- Art display
- Story telling
- Tree planting
- Bone fire
- Camping space
- Church Sermon closing prayers
On Wednesday 11th July and Thursday 12th July we have a hike up the Mbololo hills and some art residency programs for photography and art. For hike enquiries and more information and bookings send mail to email@example.com
Very limited slots for hike available.